There’s one thing that I love more than makeup and it’s baking. Whenever I have an taste for something good and delicious yet fresh, then I head to my kitchen and gather up my ingredients and get to baking.
I’ve gotten good at baking with all my practice cakes, cookies, pies, macrons and cupcakes. My family…mainly my children loves when I’m in the baking mood. Since summer is here, I’ll be doing a whole lot more baking and trying out new recipes. Yesterday a sistha had a chocolate craving and it was time to do something about it. My mom gave me some cake mix and a can of caramel sauce…why would she ask me to bake her cake with a box mix😯 any who, I used her caramel sauce to drizzle over my cake.
Nothing tastes better than chocolate and caramel together. Ice cream would go great with this cake. What I love about this cake is that it’s not to sweet or chocolaty- it can be tweaked to fit your taste buds. If your into baking or just want to try out a new recipe, give this one a try.
This cake is very moist and melts right in your mouth😄. The texture closely resembles brownies moist, and delicious.
I wanted to share this recipe with you and I hope you try it and enjoy.
Chocolate Caramel Cake
2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ³/⁴ cups of sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla paste (pure vanilla extract)
2 teaspoon caramel extract
1/2 cup brewed coffee (cool) or water
1. Shift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and sugar into a mixing bowl to eliminate any clumps.
2. Add butter and mix on low speed for 1 minute. With the mixer running, add oil and continue mixing until the mixture looks like sand.
3. Combine the vanilla, caramel, with the milk and coffee/water add all together… Mix for 1 minute at a low speed, stop and scrap down the sides and bottom of the bowl, mix for 30 seconds.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well at medium high speed between additions. Batter will be thin.
5. Pour the batter into your cake pan of choice (1 9″x13″ pan, 2 9″ round pans, or 3 8 round pans). Bake in a 350°f preheated oven for 34 minutes for a 9″x13″ pan; 28-30 minutes for 9″ layers; 24-26 minutes for 8″ layers. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on a rack before frosting.
For the caramel glaze…you can get a can/jar of caramel and drizzle over your cake☺